Sunday, June 24, 2012

9 Miles!

This morning I ran 9 miles with my RunOn! group.  9 miles.  I can't believe I can actually go that far.  The first time I tried to run the entire 5k I thought I had reached my limit.  Apparently not!  It was definitely a hot day today but the RunOn folks treat us well and provide water and gatorade every two miles or so.  On mile 7, someone was out there giving out popsicles and ice cold wet rags.  What a treat!
I'm officially proud of myself.  I may not be super fast but I ran the whole time.  I don't have a single family member that has run more than maybe 2 miles.  Who would have thunk it, that I would become the runner in the family.
I see my miracle doctor the day after the Too Hot Too Handle 15k and if I finish the race, I'm pretty sure he'll be proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment