Tuesday, April 2, 2013

M-o-o-o-o-o-ving!

It is official!  We are moving to Seattle!  Matthew starts his new job on July 1st.  This is a really great opportunity for Matthew and he's so excited to start his new job.  I'm a little jealous, his office overlooks Pike's Market.  I'm expecting fresh flowers once a week :)  I'm excited too but I'm also nervous.  I've never moved this far before, my parents still live in the same house that I was born in and I've never lived more than 5 hours away from any of my family members.  Matthew on the other hand, has lived all over the place and isn't as close to his family.  I currently don't have a job yet but I've been looking.  Over the weekend I had to look up the location of every single school district in the Washington area to see which ones were in the areas that we're thinking about living.  This process of finding a new job and figuring out how we're going to get all of our stuff up there is very overwhelming but the excitement usually puts my worries to ease.  
This afternoon as I started the car, the very first thing I heard from the radio was "Fear of the future never comes from God."  The perfect thing that I needed to be reminded of.  

2 comments:

  1. I know that overwhelming feeling. Some things I learned the hard way... I thought I could just call and schedule movers, but turns out when you move far with a bunch of stuff they want to come and look at it first. Definitely start getting quotes now. We used All My Sons and they did an excellent job. If you need to store your stuff it's cheaper to do it at a "big name" self storage than having the moving company do it.

    I"m so excited for you though! It sounds like a fabulous adventure. I've definitely learned to embrace the "adventures" in life. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seattle! Wow- praying for you guys as you transition. It's a cool and pretty city- especially down by the waterfront and Pike's Market :)

    ReplyDelete