Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Matthew!

Yesterday was Matthew's Birthday.  We both woke up super early (for a vacation) so that Matthew could spend 3 hours at the DMV to renew his driver's license and so that I could make homemade cinnamon rolls that I make for his birthday every year.  Yeah, I'm impressed to that I can do it and do it successfully.  After way too many hours at the DMV he came home, had his cinnamon rolls and then opened his birthday gifts of all birthday gifts.




  I love the way Joey is looking at Matthew in the picture above.  

What's the gift of all gifts? A Star Wars Super Star Destroyer Lego set!!  What else would a 33 year old want for his birthday?  It's only 4 1/2 feet long and consists of over 3,000 pieces.



Oh, and the instruction manual is 220 pages.



He has been working on it non-stop since yesterday afternoon.  He's almost finished.  Pictures to come soon.
For dinner we met his parents and two youngest siblings for dinner.  Matthew and I got to dinner early (which was planned) to have a few drinks before dinner.  The bartender was great, she put a little bit extra in our drinks.  Won't say much about dinner but I have to end with this notable quote that she whispered to Matthew, "You know, when I was your age I was pregnant with my 5th child" and the one I hear all the time about my weight.  Oh well.  
We ended the evening by watching The Biggest Loser special, Modern Family, and Revenge.  I went to bed and Matthew stayed up until 2:00 (I had to go get him to tell him what time it was) working on his lego set.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment