Sunday, October 17, 2010

Middle Schoolers are so entertaining!

When I'm teaching it doesn't take long for me to countdown the days until Christmas Break, Spring Break, and especially Summer Break.  However, once the school year started, it didn't take long for me to miss those crazy kiddos.
This past week I went to a baby shower at the school I used to teach at.  I looked out the doors and a student I had two years ago was running towards the room with his football uniform on but no shoes.  I opened the door and holding my nose asked the kid where his shoes were.  He told me that the football team left without him and he couldn't get into the field house to get the rest of his stuff.  So me and my bestest friend (who happens to be this kids spanish teacher) had him find a janitor and told him to run and get his stuff.  In the meantime, we called the kid's coach and asked him if he knew where his only kicker was and that's when he realized that they left this kid at school.  The coach laughed.  This kid comes running down the hall without any of the stuff.  This poor 8th grader couldn't figure out how to get the door unlocked.  My friend had to walk all the way to the field house in her fancy high heels to help him out.
Before we took him to the game, we went to McDonald's to feed the poor child.  I made him order at the drive through and apparently he had never ordered food by himself before.  Angie had to keep on telling him to say please and thank you.  On our way to the game the kid asked what the coach said when we called.  Angie was going to be a lot nicer than I was and say that he was really sorry but I beat her to it.  I just told him that coach laughed and wasn't sorry.  Maybe I should work on being nicer.

Anyway, I know this story isn't entertaining to anyone but myself, the coach, and Angie.  It was hilarious.  It made my week and made me remember that this kids are crazy!  People always tell parents of toddlers and young children to write down everything they say but those middle schoolers have some funny and clever things to say as well.
I'm looking forward to teaching middle schoolers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment